[GE users] [OT] Cluster monitoring

emjga matthew.garrett at external.total.com
Thu May 28 16:25:06 BST 2009

I have just looked at check_sge and with in 30  had it monitoring 50 odd nodes.
Looks a good scripts.

Matt

fx <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk> wrote on 28/05/2009 14:11:41:

> murple <andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de> writes:
>
> Keeping on-topic:
>
> > Ganglia: Seems to be intended more for monitoring the load on the
> > cluster
>
> It can monitor all sorts of things, including the job queues.  When I
> find time to check in the changes, jobmonarch should work with SGE 6.0
> and 6.1, but won't yet with 6.2
> <URL:https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/jobmonarch/>.
>
> > Nagios: Very powerful, but also complex to setup?
>
> Not terribly, considering that you normally end up with a quite bespoke
> setup anyhow.  There is a check_sge plugin, and I wrote another to run
> qping, on which the other can depend.  I thought the qping one was on
> nagiosexchange.org but currently isn't, so I'll add it when I get a
> chance.

Registered in England and Wales No.811900
Registered Office 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PW
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering
this message to the named addressee, please notify us immediately and delete
this e-mail.
It is the responsibility of the addressee to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects.  The sender does not
accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature, however caused,
which may result directly or indirectly from this email or any file attached.