[GE users] Run qlicserver As A True Daemon

andy andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu May 28 16:32:41 BST 2009

have a look in the sge_daemonize() function in source/libs/uti//sge_os.c

It should be possible to create a simple wrapper binary which does the
daemonize stuff and then exec's the qlicserver.

As you see from the code there is some non-intuitive art required to properly
daemonize a process under Unix. °-)

Andy