[GE users] fill up vs least used host loading

pvdmeer pvdmeer at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:58:23 BST 2009

Hi joseph,

Thanks for that! My cluster runs loads better with these settings. The performance is great! Btw. also thanks to the writer of the blog, Stephan.

With kind regards,

Pieter van der Meer

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM, hargitai <joseph.hargitai at nyu.edu<mailto:joseph.hargitai at nyu.edu>> wrote:
Is there a more simple method to force serial jobs to fill up all cores on a host before using another host than:

http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/StephansBlog

We are looking forward to the new version, especially the exclusive node feature.
Stacking jobs could be another more automated function to be added.

thanks,
joseph