[GE users] Run qlicserver As A True Daemon

gmareels guy.mareels at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:50:33 BST 2009

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Hi Chris,

What sort of time-out does your daemon use typically to check the FlexLM/NET server?


On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:48 AM, butters <chris at pearit.co.uk<mailto:chris at pearit.co.uk>> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help, I hadn't spotted the 'ppid' parameter!
So, I started with a clean qlicserver file and tried as you suggested, and it worked - qlicserver now runs correctly as a daemon, and the output issue disappeared as well.
In case it's of any use to anyone, here's the init script I'm using;

#!/bin/bash -l
# Use a login shell to make sure all as much of the standard environment as possible is automaically setup

# Even though both this environment variables are imported by using 'bash -l', I found I had to set them explicitly here as well for qlicserver to work
export SGE_CELL=default
export SGE_ROOT=/data/sge

# Store path to qlicserver directory

if [ -x $FP/qlicserver ]; then
       $FP/qlicserver -d ppid=0 output=$FP/qlicserver.cache

Thanks everyone for your help,


To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net<mailto:users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net>].

More information about the gridengine-users mailing list