[GE users] SGE noobie

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Fri May 29 11:48:16 BST 2009

I doubt everything is working now. Can you manually add the queue instance?

# qconf -mhgrp @allhosts

(if it doesn't exist yet, add it with
# qconf -ahgrp @allhosts)

an editor should open with the definition of the @allhosts hostgroup.
Append the name of your new exec host to the "hostlist" line and save
and exit the editor.

Does this work?
Does "qstat -f" list the new queue instance?

If there isn't already a "all.q", please add it:

# qconf -aq all.q

an editor should open, replace in the "hostlist" line the "NONE" with
"@allhosts". Save and exit. Does "qstat -f" now show the queue instance
of the new exec host in the queue all.q?

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com