[GE users] Windows 2008 Server install Error

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Fri May 29 11:57:31 BST 2009

Hi Manju,

with SUA I switched to SAMBA, because the NFS support got even worse
than with SFU. I didn't find a way to map local Windows users to Unix
users, so neihter the sgeadmin nor root had access to NFS shares.

If you still have an Windows XP host, it is said that you still can use
it as user name mapping server, but I didn't invest much time on
figuring it out.

There are some hotfixes for SUA, but the only thing I already saw
problems with was the libm.so delivired with some version of SUA. If
there are problems with this library (or in general with the dynamic
libraries, as other libraries import this library, too), it's possible
to get a fixed version of this library from Interopsystems (who
originally created Interix before Microsoft bought it).

If you come across this problem, I will write a small docu how to get
and install this library.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware