[GE users] per-host vs. per-queue consumable

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 2 14:58:29 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 02.11.2009 um 10:05 schrieb murple:

> to account for used cores I have added a per-host consumable. This
> mostly works. But now I need to bypass this check for some jobs.
> Is it possible to define an additional queue for these jobs and "give"
> this queue more of the complex? Or is there another way of bypassing
> this resource check?

why did you set up a custom complex for the slots? This can be setup
in an RQS (resource quota set) which you could adjust for certain
users or hosts.

In fact, having a custom complex makes it quite easy to bypass:

$ qsub -l mycores=0 ...

(unless there is a JSV [job submission verifier] checking the value...)