[GE users] qlicserver seems to double subtract

biscisking dsmith03 at its.jnj.com
Mon Nov 2 15:23:57 GMT 2009

This did not work.  I had type="job", consumable=JOB, and I had -l abaqus= set to the total number of licenses needed.  Still have not moved to the new version.  Hope this is a clue.  I submitted 3 jobs each requiring 16 licenses.  Two were promoted to r status, one stuck in qw.  We have 60 total, and there was one job running elsewhere (not in our queue or on our cluster) consuming 6.  This is the output of qlic:

resource      total  limit extern intern  wait  free
abaqus           60      .     38    512   256     .

38 = 6 + 16 +16 (the externally running job plus my two running jobs)

512 = 16 * 32 (the number of slots the two running 16 license jobs consume)

256 = 16 * 16 (the number of slots the qw job requested)

My jobs seem to be counted both in internal and external.