[GE users] Checkpointing and task

aom alain.miniussi at oca.eu
Tue Nov 3 15:05:55 GMT 2009

Hi,

I was able to set up a checkpoint
environment:
--------------------------
ckpt_name          check_user_scripts
interface          APPLICATION-LEVEL
ckpt_command       /opt/sge/ckpt/userckpt_app.sh $ckpt_dir $job_id
migr_command       /opt/sge/ckpt/usermigrate_app.sh $job_pid $ckpt_dir $job_id
restart_command    NONE
clean_command      /opt/sge/ckpt/userclean_app.sh $ckpt_dir $job_id
ckpt_dir           /scratch/checkpoint
signal             NONE
when               xsmr
which is working as expected.
But I'd like to know what is the best way to deal with tasks in job arrays. It seems to be possible to suspend a specific task using the syntax 'qmod -sj <jobid>.<taskid>' but I was unable to find a way to pass the task id to the scripts (I tried to use:
/ckpt/usermigrate_app.sh $job_pid $ckpt_dir $job_id $task_id
but it was refused).

I there a way to get the task number in the environment scripts ?

we are using GE 6.1.

Thanks