[GE users] Java DRMAA does not execute job ?

umanga aumanga at biggjapan.com
Wed Nov 4 01:36:58 GMT 2009

Thanks Daniel , Reuti

jt.setNativeSpecification("-b no");

Fixed the problem.

Best regards,
Umanga

templedf wrote:

OK.  My explanation was a little off, but the solution is still
correct.  The actual reason is that with -shell no set, there is no
shell to provide a path, hence anything without an absolute path to the
executable will fail.  Try this: "qsub -shell no -b yes -wd /SGE6
simple.sh"  It will also fail.  If, however, -b no is set, then the path
to the executable is resolved on the client side, avoiding the problem.
The reason the above qsub command sets the job into error state, whereas
the DRMAA job fails is that there's a special shunt in the qmaster that
fails any DRMAA job that tries to go into error state.  (There's nothing
you can do from DRMAA about jobs in error state, so we keep DRMAA jobs
from going there.)

Daniel