[GE users] Initital_state doesn't work well.

nobucika tanaka.nobuchika at kk.jp.panasonic.com
Wed Nov 4 05:07:27 GMT 2009

Hi

Thank you for replying.

 >> However, state for queue is changed unintentionally except above two
 >> conditions.

 >You mean, the queue flips between disabled and enabled without any
 >further action? Or do you notice "au" in qstat because of the issue
 >below?

I'm sorry that my explanation is not enough.
I mean that the state for queue is changed from enabled to disabled
neither adding the queue nor restarting sge_execd.

State is changed like this:
[Before]
queuename qtype used/tot. load_avg arch states
queue.q at exec_host BIP 0/10 0.00 lx24-amd64

[After]
queuename qtype used/tot. load_avg arch states
queue.q at exec_host BIP 0/10 0.00 lx24-amd64 d

 >> when state is changed, message file shows following line.
 >> 11/02/2009 12:48:45|execd|exec_? host|W|can't register at "qmaster":
 >> unable to send message to qmaster using port 537 on host
 >> "qmaster_host": can't resolve host name

 >This looks more like a network or name resolution problem. You use
 >NIS or hard coded hostnames?

I'm using NIS.
I checked message file of other exec_hosts,
I found this name resolution problem sometimes occured on many exec_hosts.
Before setting initial_state(disabled), state was not changed changed
from enabled to disabled.

Nobuchika Tanaka