[GE users] no hosts in Inspect cluster

fredrum fred_sund at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 16:39:11 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I have just started trying to get a grid engine to work.

I believe that I have got quite far as I have just managed to successfully submit a test job.

BUT, I am trying to get SGE Inspect to show up my single local host and the jobs I submit to it.

I try and add a Cluster and at first it looks ok but eventually an error dialog pops up saying,

Exception
Can not connect to qmaster (master down or no JMX enabled)
failed to retrieve RMIServer stub javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException]

and I can't see anything in the big window area on the right when selecting the cluster and doing Applications->Open

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how I could find out?

GE6.2u4 + Inspect from 6.2u3
Mac Os X 10.5.8

Also be aware that I am not very experienced in systems stuff. :)

cheers
fred