[GE users] id: cannot find name for group ID xxxxx

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 4 19:08:44 GMT 2009

Am 04.11.2009 um 18:41 schrieb richmaes:

> We get a message when launching qrsh jobs.  I believe the message
> indicates that the jobs applied group ID doesn't exist on the
> executing platform.

What is the error message in detail?

> I don't think this is a real issue, but I wanted to verify that.
> Is there a way to resolve the message?
>
> I do note that the /etc/group files are not the same between our
> submission host and the execution hosts.

What do you mean by "they are not the same"? In SGE all participants
of a cluster  have the same namespace. SGE will only record the user
and group name only. In former time there was a feature to map users
on the qmaster machine to different users on the execution hosts. So
I would assume more the opposite error message: can find group name
for group ID xyz.