[GE users] Error: Only 99 event clients are allowed in the system Exiting

richmaes rmaes at ciena.com
Thu Nov 5 17:37:56 GMT 2009

Just to chime in here.  I am running Altera Quartus DSE (Design Space Explorer) which we modified to use SGE in lieu of LSF.  The old LSF implementation used a bsub -K which has a similar effect to qsub sync -Y.

DSE hasn't changed much over time,  and it has it's own built in threading system.  It fires off seperate threads that each call a qsub -sync Y, so the threads don't terminate.

Depending on your DSE settings, you can get 512+ DSE runs queued up each with a sync Y invoked.

It was good to find this thread as I think it describes what happened to us last night where a bunch of DSE runs just disappeared save for a bunch of messages in the spool directory that say
11/04/2009 17:51:23|worker|wagridqm|E|cannot register event client. Only 99 event clients are allowed in the system