[GE users] no hosts in Inspect cluster

fredrum fred_sund at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:49:10 GMT 2009

Back to work now...:)

"if you have used default install, then 6444 is qmaster's port - jmx port
is "qmaster's port+2" = 6446.
try to use "FredsMacPro.local:6446""

I just tried this and it was not enough to make anything show up for the cluster in Inspect.

3.
"btw does FredsMacPro.local resolve to 127.0.0.1?"

Nope, I get
Trying 10.0.1.3...
telnet: connect to address 10.0.1.3: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

I have a Mac 'Timecapsule' (not mine ;) that currently serves as our office networking hub
I believe I get that IP number from there.

I have edited my machines /etc/hosts with the addition,
10.0.1.3   FredsMacPro.local FredsMacPro

If I do,
utilbin/darwin-x86/gethostname

Hostname: FredsMacPro.local
Aliases:  FredsMacPro
Host Address(es): 10.0.1.3

and
utilbin/darwin-x86/gethostbyname FredsMacPro.local

Hostname: FredsMacPro.local
Aliases:  FredsMacPro
Host Address(es): 10.0.1.3

and
utilbin/darwin-x86/gethostbyaddr 10.0.1.3

Hostname: FredsMacPro.local
Aliases:  FredsMacPro
Host Address(es): 10.0.1.3

I also have a 'hostlist' file that I created and pointed to during the install.
That looks like this at the moment,

localhost
FredsMacPro.local
FredsMacPro