[GE users] SGE admin issue

fgarret fgarret at ub.edu
Fri Nov 6 16:25:00 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I've just installed a cluster with 7 execution nodes (56 cores) + an extra node as master. This node
runs sge_master, has the shared HDD and is the only one with a direct connection with the Internet.
All the others only have connection to the master node. The cluster is working pretty ok but I'm
having some difficulties with some issues:

- Sending mail
	I've managed to install sendmail on the master node and tested it OK. However, the "-m be -M
user at host" doesn't work. Who sends the mail on job start/end? The master node? submission node?
execution node? If it is the execution node that sends the emails, is there any possibility of being
the master/submission node?

- MPI
	I've installed OpenMPI and it is also working OK. The only thing is that jobs are note removed from
the queue when they finish. They just stand there eternally and the only way to remove them is the
root user with "qdel -f". Any way to fix this?

- Reserving nodes
	When I want to run some job with threads it will occupy one slot but will be in fact using more
processors. Any way to reserve slots?

thanks in adv,
FG

--