[GE users] New, single machine setup, no submitted jobs being processed

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Nov 7 00:13:08 GMT 2009

Am 06.11.2009 um 19:49 schrieb jcholewa:

>> So, in summary the submitted jobs just don't start - right?
>
> That is correct.
>
> # qhost
> HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE
> SWAPTO  SWAPUS
> ---------
> global                  -               -     -       -
> -       -       -
> sun                     lx24-amd64     16  0.00  110.2G  360.2M
> 2.0G     0.0

All looks fine. There is no load on the system and so also no other
(interactive) process is putting the queue into alarm state.

Can you change the setting of the scheduler (qconf -msconf) to
"schedd_job_info true" and run `qstat -j 2`again?

Usually it (the scheduler setting) might put some load on the machine
and I switch it on only to investigate any strange behavior. What do:

qstat -f

qstat -g c

show? And it's not an issue of SUSE 11.1, I use it on my own
(although I had to update the kernel from 2.6.27.29 to 2.6.27.35 from
their extra repository as NFS was dead slow before on x86_64).

-- Reuti