[GE users] Starting beta testing of HTTPi-xmlqstat.

Mon Nov 9 08:04:53 GMT 2009

> Thanks for your help. I'm still a bit confused. I've got the latest
> version of xml-qstat but I still have the same problem, only httpi is
> built and no copy of xmlqstat is made into htdocs directory.  As far
> as I can tell it's not giving any errors or anything, but just seems
> to build a standard httpi and install it. Apologies in advance if I'm
> doing something dumb.

This explanation was in my first email that got eaten by the timeout.
The term 'httpi-xmlqstat' is simply convenience to distinguish between
the normal httpi and the version with the xmlqstat webapp added to it.
The installation name is whatever you've given it during the
configuration process in response to this question:

: Where do you want the resultant script placed? If you're using
: configure to build multiple instances of HTTPi on different ports,
: make sure this changes unless you're darn certain that they'll all
: be configured the same way.
: IF YOU'RE USING CONFIGURE TO BUILD MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF HTTPi ON
: MULTIPLE IP ADDRESSES, THIS *MUST* BE DIFFERENT IN EACH CASE!
:
: If you are doing a full install to update the configuration files for
: launchd/inetd/xinetd/stunnel/etc. simultaneously, THE PATH MUST BE
: ABSOLUTE!
:
: Install path?

The installation will never copy of any of the xmlqstat in the htdocs
directory *ever*.

As you see from this snippet:

> > # the base location of the xmlqstat distribution
> > my $resourceRoot = "/export/home/mark/xml-qstat";

The xml-qstat bits are fully independent of htdocs.
This actually makes sense since you have 'normal' stuff which is served
from htdocs, and xml-qstat stuff (rendered by the url /xmlqstat/) that
is served from somewhere else.
This second location should correspond to what you replied to this
question:

: xml-qstat customization:
: ------------------------
: Specify where the xml-qstat root is located.
: The 'xmlqstat' directory under this root will be served by HTTPi
: as the resource '/xmlqstat'.
:
: You can use Perl variables for this option (example:
: $ENV{'HOME'}/xml-qstat).
: As a shortcut, ~/ in first position will be turned into
: $ENV{'HOME'}/.  which is "$ENV{'HOME'}/".
:
: xml-qstat resource root:?

####

The rationale being that you might either have the rest of your htdocs
under some other scm, or you might even wish to use the webserver
*without* any htdocs whatsoever but with xmlqstat bit alone.

Verify that the $resourceRoot is actually pointing to the correct
position in your final server. The simplest method (instead of
re-configuring everything):

    $ grep resourceRoot  /path/to/your/httpi/server

Let me know how you fare.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.