[GE users] Starting beta testing of HTTPi-xmlqstat.

Mon Nov 9 08:32:28 GMT 2009

> I've appended the build output below.

> qbi-xgrid-01:olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3 jhunt$ sudo ./make-httpi.sh
^^^^
You don't need root access to configure/install httpi.
I would avoid it in general.

> Install path? [/usr/local/bin/httpi]:
> /usr/local/bin/httpi selected.
^^^^
I guess this might be why you used sudo. But you can also write into
your home directory and move it later. Moving about the htdocs is a more
annoying, but the configured server can be shifted about at any time.

> As a shortcut, ~/ in first position will be turned into $ENV{'HOME'}/,
> which is "/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/".
> Mount point? [/usr/local/htdocs]:
> /usr/local/htdocs selected.
^^^^
Okay same idea, you can have it serve htdocs from anywhere.
On our systems, I generally configure it to be something like ~/htdocs,
since my home-directories are shared *and* backed up nightly,
whereas /usr/local is, well, local.

> xml-qstat customization:
> ------------------------
> Specify where the xml-qstat root is located.
> The 'xmlqstat' directory under this root will be served by HTTPi
> as the resource '/xmlqstat'.
> You can use Perl variables for this option (example: $ENV{'HOME'}/xml-qstat).
> As a shortcut, ~/ in first position will be turned into $ENV{'HOME'}/,
> which is "/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/".
> xml-qstat resource root:? [~/xml-qstat]: ~/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3
> ~/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3 selected.
> (expanded to /Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3)
> Okay. The directory
> '/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3'
> Seems to have the correct xml-qstat directory structure.

^^^^^
Okay this is where it should be looking for things later when resolving
the url /xmlqstat/.
This also means that your config.xml would be found here:

'/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3/xmlqstat/config/config.xml'

> xml-qstat customization:
> Define the maximum timeout (seconds) when executing GridEngine commands [10]: 60
> 60 selected.
^^^^
Okay, but that is a really generous timeout for the GridEngine to
respond.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.