[GE users] Starting beta testing of HTTPi-xmlqstat.

jjh jjh at 42quarks.com
Mon Nov 9 12:04:14 GMT 2009

Hi again Mark,

Nearly there! I've got /xmlstat to show some useful output. By editing
the config.xml file I got our sge setup listed. However, whenever I
click on any of the icons for our grid (we only have one, default) I
get the following error:

Resource Not Found
Resource /xmlqstat/summary~default ? for cluster default (SGE_ROOT=/sge)
Could not resolve command in /sge/bin/

    qstat -xml -u * -r -f -explain aAcE -F load_avg,num_proc

The value for SGE_ROOT is correct. The binaries for qstat are actually
in /sge/bin/darwin-x86 so I symlinked qstat to /sge/bin.
SGE_ROOT=/sge /sge/bin/qstat -xml works fine from command line for me.

Thanks so much for your help getting this setup. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Regards,
Jonny

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:32 PM, olesen
<Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com> wrote:
>> I've appended the build output below.
>
>> qbi-xgrid-01:olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3 jhunt$ sudo ./make-httpi.sh
> ^^^^
> You don't need root access to configure/install httpi.
> I would avoid it in general.
>
>> Install path? [/usr/local/bin/httpi]:
>> /usr/local/bin/httpi selected.
> ^^^^
> I guess this might be why you used sudo. But you can also write into
> your home directory and move it later. Moving about the htdocs is a more
> annoying, but the configured server can be shifted about at any time.
>
>> As a shortcut, ~/ in first position will be turned into $ENV{'HOME'}/,
>> which is "/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/".
>> Mount point? [/usr/local/htdocs]:
>> /usr/local/htdocs selected.
> ^^^^
> Okay same idea, you can have it serve htdocs from anywhere.
> On our systems, I generally configure it to be something like ~/htdocs,
> since my home-directories are shared *and* backed up nightly,
> whereas /usr/local is, well, local.
>

>> xml-qstat customization:
>> ------------------------
>> Specify where the xml-qstat root is located.
>> The 'xmlqstat' directory under this root will be served by HTTPi
>> as the resource '/xmlqstat'.
>> You can use Perl variables for this option (example: $ENV{'HOME'}/xml-qstat).
>> As a shortcut, ~/ in first position will be turned into $ENV{'HOME'}/,
>> which is "/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/".
>> xml-qstat resource root:? [~/xml-qstat]: ~/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3
>> ~/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3 selected.
>> (expanded to /Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3)
>> Okay. The directory
>> '/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3'
>> Seems to have the correct xml-qstat directory structure.
>
> ^^^^^
> Okay this is where it should be looking for things later when resolving
> the url /xmlqstat/.
> This also means that your config.xml would be found here:
>
> '/Network/Servers/qbi-xgrid-01.qbi.uq.edu.au/Volumes/InsData1/ClusterUsers/jhunt/olesenm-xml-qstat-96646a3/xmlqstat/config/config.xml'
>

>> ------------------------
>> xml-qstat customization:
>> Define the maximum timeout (seconds) when executing GridEngine commands [10]: 60
>> 60 selected.
> ^^^^
> Okay, but that is a really generous timeout for the GridEngine to
> respond.
>
> /mark

> [...]

Jonathan J Hunt <jjh at 42quarks.com>
Homepage: http://www.42quarks.com
(Further contact details there)
"Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is." Richard Feynman