[GE users] Starting beta testing of HTTPi-xmlqstat.

jjh jjh at 42quarks.com
Mon Nov 9 13:12:38 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the pointer. The architecture is darwin-x86 (for OS X 10.5
on Intel). And yes the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH also needs to be set (to
$SGE_ROOT/sge/lib/darwin-x86. However, I got things going just by
setting the environment before running httpi which works for me.

Now I have nice pretty pictures of qstat output which will be much
friendler for my users.

Regards,
Jonny

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM, olesen
<Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Nearly there! I've got /xmlstat to show some useful output. By editing
>> the config.xml file I got our sge setup listed. However, whenever I
>
> Good.
>
>> click on any of the icons for our grid (we only have one, default) I
>> get the following error:
>>
>> Resource Not Found
>> Resource /xmlqstat/summary~default ? for cluster default (SGE_ROOT=/sge)
>> Could not resolve command in /sge/bin/
>>
>>     qstat -xml -u * -r -f -explain aAcE -F load_avg,num_proc
>>

>> The value for SGE_ROOT is correct. The binaries for qstat are actually
>> in /sge/bin/darwin-x86 so I symlinked qstat to /sge/bin.
>> SGE_ROOT=/sge /sge/bin/qstat -xml works fine from command line for me.
>>
>> Thanks so much for your help getting this setup. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
>
> Yup. You are using darwin, for which I have no idea how to support.
> But with your help we'll soon add it.
>
> The first question: Do you need to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent
> for any of the GridEngine stuff to work? According to GridEngine
> 'settings.sh' script it could be that only Linux and SunOS work with
> rpath?
>
> The problem on Linux is that we can have a x86_64 machine, but only have
> x86 GridEngine binaries installed. The code in httpi-modules/uservar.in
> has that bit of logic.
>
> Can you tell me what we need there for darwin?
>
> Or should we just have people provide their SGE_ARCH as part of the
> configure process? It might be easier. But what about the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH stuff?
>
> What would you like to see here?
>
> /mark
>

> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Jonathan J Hunt <jjh at 42quarks.com>
Homepage: http://www.42quarks.com
(Further contact details there)
"Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is." Richard Feynman