[GE users] qlicserver behavior for suspended jobs

Mon Nov 9 15:52:23 GMT 2009

> We had a situation where we wanted to suspend an abaqus job to allow a
> job that was in qw to be promoted to run status.  We suspended the job
> and verified that the licenses were returned to the license pool.  The
> licenses needed by the waiting job then technically available.  The
> waiting job was never promoted.  Is there a configuration that's meant
> to account for the desired behavior?

There is nothing special in qlicserver that could handle this.
In general, you can't tell if a suspended application returns its
licenses to the pool, or if it holds on to them (as per Ctrl-Z
behaviour).

AFAIK GridEngine doesn't know how to release consumed resources that are
attached to a suspended job.
But I would like someone more qualified, like Reuti, Dan or Chris to
please comment on this.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.