[GE users] Will qlogin sessions be affected by h_rt set at the queue level?

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Nov 9 23:24:00 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

We set up a 7-day wallclock limit on all.q via h_rt and are now dealing
with a situation where a user wants to "camp out" on a compute node --
he uses qlogin to gain access to the node and then connects/disconnects
via the Linux screen utility. The node is running some long-running
statistics apps for him with some amount of guided effort/interactivity.

This is just a quick sanity check question -- will the h_rt limit apply
to a qlogin job that a user has kept open and active? I'm guessing that
when the 7-day limit is hit this user is going to have his interactive
job killed hard.

-Chris