[GE users] Java DRMAA Job listeners?

umanga aumanga at biggjapan.com
Tue Nov 10 01:37:59 GMT 2009

Thanks Daniel,

Your method is the perfect solution for my problem.

templedf wrote:

Yes, it will block in a loop... until a job exits.  Then it will wake up
and deal with the job.

while (true) {
    JobInfo ji = session.wait(Session.JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY,
Session.TIMEOUT_WAIT_FOREVER);
    System.out.println(ji.getJobId() + " just exited");
    sendEvent(ji);
}

If you do that in a separate thread, you only need one thread to deal
with all your jobs.

Daniel

fansn wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I think this call session.wait(Session.JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY,
Session.TIMEOUT_WAIT_FOREVER)
will be blocked in the loop. Array jobs might be a good solution.

Yours sincerely,

Sinong