[GE users] Queue Management

scu98rkr scu98rkr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:52:22 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,

Thanks For your help.

But doesnt queue_sort_method just affect the queue selected to load into?

Rather than the machine. I've tried it and it doesnt seem to be pick the
lowest machine number.

Are you suggesting I have a separate queue for each machine ?

Thanks Roger

>> I have 32 machines with 2 nodes (processors each)
>>
>> I want the queue to do this
>>
>> c1:node1, c1:node2 , c2:node1, c2:node2 ...
>>
>> and so on to allow more space for openMP jobs.
>>
>> At the moment it just seems to put the jobs where ever.
>>

> It is likely sorting by load.
> Take a look at 'qconf -ssconf', you should try
>
>    queue_sort_method   seqno
>

> Then it will sort by the machine seqno first and load afterward.
> Your parallel environments might also need adjusting to have
>
>     allocation_rule    $fill_up
>

> /mark
>

> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

"He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields"
Deuteronomy 32:13