[GE users] A patch to run HadoopOnDemand on Grid Engine clusters

zag gianluigi.zanetti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:28:42 GMT 2009

Hi there.

We developed and tested a simple patch that adds Grid Engine support to
HOD. The patch is available as an attachment to:

After patching, HOD passes all unit tests at our site. We tested the
SGE driver on a production cluster consisting of about 400 nodes.

*NOTE*: the patch is for the official hadoop-0.20.1 HOD release. It
should be easy, however, to generate patches for other versions.

To patch, simply download hod_ge.patch from the above JIRA link and run:

cd ${HADOOP_HOME}/src/contrib && patch -p0 <hod_ge.patch

Happy hadoop-ing,

--gianluigi

--

Gianluigi Zanetti