[GE users] critical error: !!!!!!!!!! Nameindex = 137101 not found in element !!!!!!!!!!

petrik lubomir.petrik at sun.com
Wed Nov 11 22:49:17 GMT 2009

Hi Jeff,
I remember seeing this once, but not during an upgrade (during an
installation). I don't know what is causing it but I think following
should solve it for you.

Change the InitSpoolingDatabase() in
./util/install_modules/inst_qmaster.sh so that it doesn't call
ExecuteAsAdmin and instead it calls spoolinit as root and sets relevant
file permissions after that.
e.g.: ExecuteAsAdmin $SPOOLINIT $SPOOLING_METHOD $SPOOLING_LIB
"$SPOOLING_ARGS" init
$SPOOLINIT $SPOOLING_METHOD $SPOOLING_LIB "$SPOOLING_ARGS" init
chown -R $ADMINUSER:<admin_user's_group> /common/sge6.2/default/common
chown -R $ADMINUSER:<admin_user's_group>
/common/sge6.2/default/spool/qmaster

Let me know if this worked for you.

Regards,
   Lubos.

PS: My suggestion will not work if root cannot write to
/common/sge6.2/default.
PPS: Just to be clear you are saying that with bdb it works, but not
when you choose classic, right?