[GE users] limits on real memory

goncalo goncalo at lip.pt
Fri Nov 13 15:24:56 GMT 2009

Hi Reuti...

But, in my opinion, this should not work like that... I should be able
to discriminate between the two. For example, there are applications
which use 2GB of RAM memory and also write to SWAP some stuff which they
fetch from time to time.  Setting a h_vmem=2.0G will kill this kind of
applications, and setting h_vmem=3.0G (for example) will not prevent
other different aplication from using 3.0G of RAM memory (which is
exactly what I want to prevent).

Is there a workaround in this context?

Cheers
Goncalo