[GE users] Restarting the sge_qmaster

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 16 16:48:38 GMT 2009

Am 16.11.2009 um 17:16 schrieb emallove:

> On Wed, Sep/16/2009 12:03:17AM, reuti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 15.09.2009 um 22:11 schrieb emallove:
>>
>>> My sge_qmaster machine crashed. I'm running my SGE daemons as a
>>> non-root user, so I was not able to restart the daemons using SMF. I
>>> restarted the sge_qmaster by running install_qmaster, but this wiped
>>> away my configuration (e.g., custom hostlists, queues, complex
>>> attributes, etc.). Is there a way to restart the sge_qmaster without
>>> blowing away the configuration? Or a way to backup the configuration
>>> files so that they can be easily restored?
>>
>> even when you run SGE as an ordinary user, you can always use the
>> scripts in "~/mySGE/default/common/sgemaster" and "sgeexecd" in the
>> same location with the arguments "start" and "stop" to control them.
>> During installation they will just be copied to /etc/init.d/ or alike
>> if you wish to start them at boot time.
>
> I can't find the "sgemaster" script:
>
>   $ find $HOME/software/ge6.2u3/default/common/
>   $HOME/software/ge6.2u3/default/common/
>   $HOME/software/ge6.2u3/default/common/cluster_name

When there is nothing more left, it looks like a fresh installation.
Did you answer "yes" during the install_qmaster when you were asked
whether the existing configuration should be deleted?

Usually you find the two scripts (which will start the qmaster
respective the execd) in this directory along with other setup files.

-- Reuti