[GE users] Restarting the sge_qmaster

emallove ethan.mallove at sun.com
Mon Nov 16 17:03:11 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov/16/2009 05:48:38PM, reuti wrote:
> Am 16.11.2009 um 17:16 schrieb emallove:
>
> > On Wed, Sep/16/2009 12:03:17AM, reuti wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> even when you run SGE as an ordinary user, you can always use the
> >> scripts in "~/mySGE/default/common/sgemaster" and "sgeexecd" in the
> >> same location with the arguments "start" and "stop" to control them.
> >> During installation they will just be copied to /etc/init.d/ or alike
> >> if you wish to start them at boot time.
> >
> > I can't find the "sgemaster" script:
> >
> >   $ find $HOME/software/ge6.2u3/default/common/
> >   $HOME/software/ge6.2u3/default/common/
> >   $HOME/software/ge6.2u3/default/common/cluster_name
>
> When there is nothing more left, it looks like a fresh installation.
> Did you answer "yes" during the install_qmaster when you were asked
> whether the existing configuration should be deleted?

No, but I did get the below response to one selection during
install_qmaster:

  Deleting bootstrap and cluster_name files!

> Usually you find the two scripts (which will start the qmaster
> respective the execd) in this directory along with other setup files.

I can see a lot of configuration stuff in the "default/spool"
sub-directory, e.g., all my exec/submit hosts and queues. Is there
anything I can do, or do I have to do a fresh installation?

-Ethan