[GE users] MPICH2 and SGE 6.2u2 tight integration fails

gustgr rondina at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:09:08 GMT 2009

> * gustgr <rondina at gmail.com> [11/17/2009 09:57]:
> > According to [2] this is a 6.2u2 related bug that has been fixed on
> > future versions, but I think it is not the culprit for the mpd failure
> > on the nodes.
>
> I'm not sure of why it isn't working, but I don't think it is a bug in
> 6.2u2 as I'm running it with mpich2 1.2.0 with mpd and it works fine.

Oh. I was talking about the group issue, which according to the following message I've found on the list it seems to be a bug:

http://markmail.org/message/muisk46xhga4wl4i#query:+page:1+mid:hlvvcq4xqsw3vmqi+state:results

I have no way to confirm this though.

> > Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I would appreciate
> > some hints on the correct direction (e.g., learn why the mpd daemon is
> > failing). Before anyone advises on using an older version of MPICH2, I
> > tried that already and got the same problem. I'm kinda stuck right
> > now.
>
> I would try starting the mpd by hand and see if you can get some more
> info.

Thanks, markhewitt also suggested this and I will give it a shot. I'll post the results later.

Gustavo