[GE users] Cannot add Execution host! "Obviously there was no qmaster installation yet!"

umanga aumanga at biggjapan.com
Wed Nov 18 08:31:49 GMT 2009

Greetings all,

I have shared /SGE6/sge6.2 using NFS where every execution host and
qmaster can access the folder.
I have two execution hosts running Debian Lenny 64bit and want to add a
new machine with Debian Lenny 32bit.

But during "install_execd" it gives the error:

"Obviously there was no qmaster installation yet!
Call >install_qmaster<
on the machine which shall run the Grid Engine qmaster"

and stops.

This host also can access /SGE6/sge6.2 and the files "act_qmaster" and
"bootstrap " in $SGE_ROOT/$CELL/common folder.

Any tips,

thanks in advance,
umanga