[GE users] Allow users to limit concurrent array job task execution

aja alena.plestilova at sun.com
Wed Nov 18 09:38:17 GMT 2009

Hi,

this feature is not documented in 6.2u4. But it's already added to 6.2u5.
Here is the man qsub input for this feature:

     -tc max_running_tasks
          -allow users to limit concurrent array job task  execu-
          tion.  Parameter  max_running_tasks  specifies  maximum
          number of simultaneously running tasks.  For example we
          have  running  SGE  with 10 free slots. We call qsub -t
          1-100 -tc 2  jobscript.  Then  only  2  tasks  will  be
          scheduled to run even when 8 slots are free.

Regards,
aja

On 11/17/09 19:06, svibhore wrote:
> Thanks Reuti, this is great!
>

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
> <mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>> wrote:
>
>     Am 17.11.2009 um 15:40 schrieb svibhore:
>
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > Release notes for 6.2u4 has a entry for job throttle.
>     >
>     >
>     > Bugs fixed in SGE 6.2u4 since release 6.2u3
>     > -------------------------------------------
>     >
>     > 2542 6684887 allow users to limit concurrent array job task
>     execution
>     >
>     > I do not see any documentation related to this feature, can anyone
>     > point me in right direction.
>
>     In issue 2542 the syntax is mentioned:
>
>     $ qsub -t 1-20 -tc 5 test.sh
>
>     to limit it to e.g. 5 and AFAICS it's working - it's just missing
>     from the man page. Can you please file a documentation issue?
>
>     -- Reuti
>

>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > Shantanu