[GE users] Cannot add Execution host! "Obviously there was no qmaster installation yet!"

petrik lubomir.petrik at sun.com
Wed Nov 18 10:47:02 GMT 2009

I understood your "fix" (doing this might influense other parts of the
installation where it might use $SGE_ROOT/$COMMONDIR which would no
longer work) but it does not explain what is happening on your system.

Calling test -f default/common/act_qmaster should be equivalent to the
if [ -f $COMMONDIR/act_qmaster ]; ... and since it returns 0 on the
system it seems to work fine (as expected). You could try calling
if [ -f default/common/bootstrap ]; then echo OK; else echo KO; fi
in bash and sh form the $SGE_ROOT directory.
If neither returns KO then I really have no idea why it doesn't work.

Lubos.