[GE users] question about "top" on nodes

icaci hristo at mc.phys.uni-sofia.bg
Wed Nov 18 16:11:08 GMT 2009

Looks like an issue with your MPI runtime to me. What MPI implementation do you use? SGE's job is to resolve your job resource requirements, reserve some execution nodes, build a node file containing the list of those reserved nodes and fire the master task on one of the nodes. Then it's up to your MPI implementation to properly integrate with SGE and to spawn its child processes over the reserved nodes.

Hristo