[GE users] Default resource per queue?

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 10:39:19 GMT 2009

gutnik <gutnik at gmail.com> writes:

> Then is there a way to group resources together? Some sort of resource
> alias? So I could say "-l jobtype1" and sge knows that this type of job
> requires 5g ram, 2CPUs, and complex resources foo, bar, and baz, and
> "-l jobtype2" which requests a different set of resources?

In the latest SGE, you can use the JSV(1) mechanism to do arbitrary
re-writes of the qsub options.  I don't remember seeing real examples of
this posted, so one that re-writes something like `-pe openmpi' to
`-pe openmpi-*' to hide the fact that there are multiple PEs for nodes
with different core counts, and you normally don't want the parallel job
scheduled across such node groups.

  #!/bin/sh
  jsv_on_start() {
      return
  }
  jsv_on_verify() {
      pe=$(jsv_get_param pe_name)
      case "$pe" in
          openmpi | fluent)
          jsv_set_param pe_name "$pe-*"
          jsv_correct "Job was modified"
          ;;
      esac
      jsv_accept "Job OK"
      return
  }
  . ${SGE_ROOT}/util/resources/jsv/jsv_include.sh
  jsv_main