[GE users] cluster-fork or psh equivalent

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 10:46:15 GMT 2009

richmaes <rmaes at ciena.com> writes:

> Is there a SGE script or binary equivalent of Rocks clusterfork or
> xcat's psh for instances where I want to run a command on all nodes, a
> specific node, or on a subset of nodes?

If that command is, say, to restart all the execds, it won't be much use
having it tied to SGE.  You can use any such tool you're familiar with
-- pdsh in my case.  Presumably you could write a pdsh module to invoke
qrsh if you really want an SGE mechanism, but then you could use qrsh
directly, specifying the relevant host queues explicitly or via a
resource request.