[GE users] debugging tight integration

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 15:32:19 GMT 2009

Are there any general suggestions for debugging tight integration?  (I
guess the answer is yes, but they're not easy to find in the archives.)

I have a situation where the processes appear to be started OK by qrsh
-inherit according to what the wrapper echoes, but aren't children of
the shepherd when they're running.  (It's actually gamess-us, using just
what reuti provided, or an alternative, explicitly specifying the rsh
command for gamess to use.)  I wonder why it works in Marburg and not
Liverpool, and reuti ran out of suggestions.  Initially I thought it
might be due to the ancient SGE currently in use although tight
integration of openmpi, for instance, works fine; however, it's the same
under a 6.2u2 that I tried.

Any debugging ideas or pointers to write-ups gratefully received!