[GE users] Resource Reservation behaves strange under 6.2u2

jdobler dobler at lrz.de
Thu Nov 19 16:05:40 GMT 2009

Since quite awhile I try to schedule a job via resource reservation, but whenever the reserved nodes becomes free, another job with lesser priority and without a reservation get's scheduled and the job with the reservation get's a new reservation at a later time.

I already set a default run time limit and a run time limit for the job, raised the job priority and checked the job with "qalter -w [v|p] ...", but cannot find any reason why the job is delayed.

As I was able to run jobs in the past via resource reservation, I assume that my basic setup must be right. So why does this specific job not run (any guesses are explicitely welcome) and what diagnostic tools besides the scheduler log and the above commands may I use.

Thanks for any help.
Hans