[GE users] Help needed with schedule priorities

ffelix ffelixr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:37:13 GMT 2009


    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Hello fx,

(Also it doesn't help communication that everything seems to have a
non-conventional name in that world.)

Yes, absolutely

> Later, a SGE adaptor appeared and we moved to it
> because SGE solved more problems for us than Torque but now we are
> facing this limitation that we don't know how to overcome

I'm not clear quite what the problem is and why the normal SGE policy
mechanisms don't do the job.  Assuming you can define a special queue
for these jobs, you can set a priority on it and have the scheduling
policy take that into account with sufficient weight.  If all else
fails, you can do arbitrary things with a JSV for submissions to that
queue in a recent-enough SGE.  (Managing a queue may be easier than
managing the large mess of VOMS(?) ids that we get here.)  I'm
interested to understand this in case there's something we've missed.


In this case, the priorities is an user requirement. They need to be sure that "their" high priority
jobs are scheduled first, and they don't have any way to specify parameters for "qsub".

> Maybe the solution is to modify the adaptor that, at the end, is what
> launches the qsub commands...

It would be worth publishing if you can provide something acceptable to
the glite world generally.


We are contacting the people who developed glite-GE adaptor in order to see how can
we address this requirement, using projects, complexes as reuti suggests in other post.
If finally we manage to get something working, be confident on that we'll share it

Thanks for you
Fernando
--
--
Fernando Felix-Redondo
http://historiasdesistemas.blogspot.com







More information about the gridengine-users mailing list