[GE users] qlicserver behavior for suspended jobs

Fri Nov 20 12:01:21 GMT 2009

>   2) If there are no free licenses, high priority non-grid jobs won't
> start. Therefore, I have to make sure that
> no low-priority job starts unless there is a surplus of licenses. This
> means that I'll always have a few unused
> licenses that can't be used by low-priority jobs.

If you simply want to reserve some licenses for non-grid jobs, you can
use the 'limit' parameter for that.
http://olesenm.github.com/flex-grid/config-limits.html

You can also adjust the limits at any time, either manually or with a
load sensor. We generally do it manually and have qlicserver.limits/ as
a directory - it makes adjusting the files quite easy.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.