[GE users] Resource Reservation behaves strange under 6.2u2

jdobler dobler at lrz.de
Mon Nov 23 09:13:48 GMT 2009

> Am 19.11.2009 um 17:05 schrieb jdobler:
>
> > Since quite awhile I try to schedule a job via resource
> > reservation, but whenever the reserved nodes becomes free, another
> > job with lesser priority and without a reservation get's scheduled
> > and the job with the reservation get's a new reservation at a later
> > time.
> >
> > I already set a default run time limit
>
> The default runtime is not enforced, means the scheduler can be
> misleaded when the applications run much longer than estimated. Do
> you observe this?

No. What I see is a normal behaviour besides the fact, that the job with the reservation is not started when the reserved node becomes free but another job is scheduled instead. And this happens every time, when the job with the reservation is supposed to run.

> You didn't miss "-R y" by accident for the submitted job?

No, definitely not. And as the scheduler says something like

4770099:1:RESERVING:1258805335:518060:P:mpi_8:slots:8.000000

plus 2 other messages, I assume that the scheduler really accepted the reservation.