[GE issues] [Issue 3186] Updating to 6.2u4 causes already running jobs to be "lost"

gugg1978 guggenberger at rzg.mpg.de
Mon Nov 23 13:17:41 GMT 2009

I see a even worse behaviour for upgrades from 6.2u2_1 to 6.2u4. Pending jobs were completely lost:
|E|error unpacking object with key "JOB:   26537": invalid input parameter
|I|read job database with 0 entries in 0 seconds
W|removing reference to no longer existing job 26714 of user ...

I had also seen that issue after a qmaster crash in 6.2u4 (triggered somehow by stopping/starting the scheduler thread). all running and pending jobs were lost after qmaster restart.

Please note, we're using the AFS security mode.

cheers.
 - Christian