[GE users] Warning after migration

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 24 23:38:01 GMT 2009

Am 24.11.2009 um 18:58 schrieb fansn:

> After I migrated grid from one server to another, when starting
> grid master, it reports:
>
> |W|local configuration ?xxx.domain_name? not defined - using global
> configuration
>
> what does it mean? But on the original server it will never report
> this. The replicate server works fine. Thanks for your help.

you can check the defined configurations with:

$ qconf -sconfl

as long as the machine in question is set up like the global
configuration, a local configuration isn't necessary (otherwise you
can easily add one). You can even delete the old superfluous
configuration(s) from the old server and/or the nodes when the global
one fits:

$ qconf -dconf <hostname>