[GE users] Resource Reservation behaves strange under 6.2u2

jdobler dobler at lrz.de
Wed Nov 25 09:57:24 GMT 2009

It finally turned out that the problem was not related to resource reservation but the way mem_free was requested. I think it was related to requesting
(installed memory)/(number of cores)
instead of
(installed memory)/(number of cores) - (some delta)
but still do not fully understand it.

I also do not understand why "qalter -w [p|v] ..." reported that it found a possible assignment, but then the job could not be started. Is it possible that qalter just checks the complex values while the scheduler (?) checks at start time the actual load values?