[GE users] MPI processes don't get killed with control_slaves

geralt lnieroda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:46:29 BST 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to limit the memory usage of MPI processes on our cluster by setting the vmem limit. The goal was to kill the job if a certain limit is exceeded.

This works only partially - SGE kills the scheduled job but the spawned MPI processes are still running.

I've tried to use the control_slaves option in the parallel environment. But something seems to be missing; according to the sge_pe manpage some "sophisticated PE interface" is necessary.

Does anyone know an answer?