[GE users] SGE cluster job submission

torsten torsten.blix at sun.com
Wed Sep 2 13:38:58 BST 2009

Hi,

On 09/01/09 15:05, thamizhannal wrote:
> I am having 4 SGE-6.1 clusters. Sometimes one cluster is heavily
> overloaded and other clusters are having free CPU slots.
>
> Is there any way to move the queue waiting jobs (only waiting for CPU)
> from one grid to another grid using SGE?
>
> Does SGE-6.2 provide any of such facilities; if not then, can someone
> point out how can I proceed to accomplish this?

With SGE-6.2 you get the Service Domain Manager (SDM) component which
might help in your situation, see
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Service+Domain+Manager

SDM is able to move resources (hosts) between your 4 clusters
automatically and dynamically and can thus help balance the peak load in
one cluster. It provides, however, no way to move queued jobs from one
cluster to another, so it might not fit your requirements.

Cheers,
Torsten