[GE users] SGE , bare host names , and NFS4

jlb jlb at salilab.org
Fri Sep 4 20:45:19 BST 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 at 12:36pm, leonardz wrote

> We have ~ 200 compute nodes, running SLES10, setup with up NFS v3 to
> solaris file servers.
>
> we use bare hostnames, not FQDNs to simplify SGE setup.
>
> Now we want to switch to sharing by nfs4 for various reasons. Does
> anyone have a working configuration of SGE , using bare hostnames and
> NFS4 for file sharing?
>
> What we see is all files are mapped to
> owner:group nobody:nobody
> on compute nodes where we have tested nfs4.

This is really an NFSv4 question, not an SGE one.  But, at a first guess,
is rpcidmapd running everywhere, and is the "Domain" set to the same value
in every machine's /etc/idmapd.conf (or Solaris equivalent)?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin