[GE users] Post script

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Sep 7 11:40:23 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 07.09.2009 um 11:41 schrieb veerendra_n:

> Is It possible to run post script in sungrid.
>
> After the job is complete I want to copy the o/p to another directory.
>
> Regards
> Veerendra

this can be done in two ways:

a) Define an epilog in the queue configuration. This will then be
executed for all jobs which ran in this queue.

b) Use the -notify flag to qsub, which will warn the job. Here you
have to adjust the jobsript and executable, that the warning (usually
a sigusr2) will terminate the executable, but let the jobscript
continue. This way you an copy back the files in the job scirpt, when
it's not necessary for all jobs to copy data back. The default time
between the warning and final kill is 60 seconds, but can be adjusted
in the queue definition.