[GE users] SDM GE adapter sve got in trouble

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Thu Sep 10 07:28:30 BST 2009

Hi Chansup,

On 09/09/09 15:23, cbyun wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for keeping me informed.
>
> I used the following workaround to get around this issue.
>
> - Remove the report variables set up
> # qconf -me global
> report_variables     NONE
>
> - Re-start the SDM master daemon
> # sdmadm sdj -all -h localhost
> # sdmadm suj
>
> - Set up the report variables
> # qconf -me global
> report_variables     cpu,np_load_avg,mem_free,virtual_free
>
> Then, everything works fine as long as you don't restart the sdm master daemon.

Yes, I agree. The problem occurs always if a exec host object is converted into
a java object and this exec host object has report variables.

In your case you defined report variables for the global exec host object. Only
at startup the SDM GEAdapter reads the exec host list from qmaster. The error
occurs only at startup.

BTW, not only SDM is affected, any java client (sge_inspect) suffers from this
problem.

The fix itself is easy. It is a typo in the cull definition inside of qmaster.
However will affect the spooled data May be we need an upgrade procedure for the
fix.

Richard

Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com